Recommended spam.lists and/or sendmail dnsbl settings?

Duncan, Brian M. brian.duncan at kattenlaw.com
Wed Dec 5 02:56:09 GMT 2007

I guess it is the case that everyone has different needs.

We never reject messages at the MTA level. (Well actually messages that
are destined to users that do not have valid MS Exchange SMTP records
are rejected, so I guess never is not correct, but that is the only case
we reject at the edge)

RBL's tend to be a love/hate thing.  We love them, based on the fact
that we still deliver every failed RBL message to the users Junk Mail
folder. (Giving them the option to "white list" in outlook RBL'ed
sources.

Given that Mailscanner allows "high scoring treatment" on RBL checked
messages, and then the capability to set the intended actions (including
delivery) I would think the extra control over RBL behavior could allow
even finer tuning in some environments.