Recommended spam.lists and/or sendmail dnsbl settings?

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Tue Dec 4 20:54:13 GMT 2007

on 12/4/2007 12:27 PM Duncan, Brian M. spake the following:

> Can someone explain how to get Mailscanner to NOT check any other RBL's
> listed in "Spam List =" directive after it hits at least 1?
>
> I have these mailscanner config items set currently:
>
> Spam Lists To Be Spam = 1
> Spam List = spamcop zen.spamhaus.org dnsbl cbl MAPS-ALL
>
> (we pay for use of the maps-all RBL which is now owned by Trend Micro)
>

> As it stands here is an example message that was logged:
>
> to kattenlaw.com is zen.spamhaus.org, cbl, MAPS-ALL
>
> Which suggests to me it is testing against ALL RBL's I have in the Spam
> List directive, and NOT stopping after it hits 1.
>
> I read in another email about changing the order of the RBL's in the
> Spam List but as it stands now for me it looks like it would have no
> impact because
> It looks like it's checking them all every time.
>
> If anyone could please tell me how you get this working with Mailscanner
> that would be great.
>
> Thanks

MailScanner does lookups in parallel, so you can't. Sendmail does the lookups
serialized, and stops at the first match. If you are going to delete these, do
  so in sendmail (or other MTA). If you are going to score and pass or
quarantine, then do them later in mailscanner or with spamassassin.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and