cut off by spamhaus free use?

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Mon Dec 3 20:28:42 GMT 2007

on 12/3/2007 11:36 AM Jeff A. Earickson spake the following:
> Steve,
>
> Thanks for the advice, more adjustments made....
>
> Jeff Earickson
To get near the same catch rate I had to enable njabl.org, list.dsbl.org,
bl.spamcop.net and cbl.abuseat.org.
I had njabl already but before zen.spamhaus.org, but it catches very little,
and I have the cbl list at the end to hopefully lower my query rate. You will
want to make sure that if you add cbl to your MTA, you remove it from
spamassassin, because this is what I think made my lookups go over the allowed
rate.
Spamassassin doesn't query the zen list, but queries the sublists sbl, xbl,
and cbl. That would probably triple your lookups on each message. There is
chatter on the spamassassin lists that they will be disabling the spamhaus
lookups by default in a future version.

If you want to add others, or see how these perform, you can look at your
hitrates in spamassassin. The above had better than 99% spam rates in my
system with very little ham, and the ham was actually spam that scored too low
to be caught that way. But as with anything YMMV.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and