cut off by spamhaus free use?

Steve Freegard steve.freegard at fsl.com
Mon Dec 3 16:51:40 GMT 2007

Jeff A. Earickson wrote:

> I've had false positive problems with spamcop in the past.

How recent was this?  They have apparently changed the way they build
the blacklist at the beginning of the year (see
http://www.dnsbl.com/2007/05/spamcop-bl-another-look-its-accurate.html)
and I've used it several times since and had no problems.

> I put dnsbl.sorbs.net into action in sendmail this morning, appears to be ok.

Yikes - personally I wouldn't touch SORBS, see
http://www.dnsbl.com/2007/07/sorbs-on-accuracy-rates-and-false.html and
http://dnsblresourcedata.googlepages.com/criticismfromsorbs

Note that you also aren't using the recommended zone (according to the
SORBS admin) even though the SORBS site shows you the configuration for
what you have entered, apparently safe.dnsbl.sorbs.net is the zone to use...

Cheers,
Steve.