Problem with MailScanner looping and cliaming spamassassin cache hits on every message

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 08:52:43 GMT 2007

On 03/12/2007, Peter Farrow <peter at farrows.org> wrote:
> HiThere,
>
> if I put Expand TNEF=no
>
> the mailscanner debug now fails with:
>
> Can't call method "head" on an undefined value at
> /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/Message.pm line 1621.

I don't think your version of MS had the Expand TNEF setting...?
It's not the same as TNEF Expander (which should be either "internal",
the full path to an external command... or empty).

You might try look through the inbound queue to find the message that
is blocking and move that aside.
Then I'd recommend that you upgrade MailScanner (a lot has happened to
the TNEF code, IIRC), and perhaps get the latest tnef command as well.

While you're at it, check the "sanity" of your SA cache with the
"analyze_SpamAssassin_cache" command... If that errors out, simply
stop MS (if running), remove the cache database and restart MS.

Cheers
--
-- Glenn