Mail queue is about an hour behind

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 21:18:41 GMT 2007

On 02/12/2007, Jody Cleveland <cleveland at winnefox.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thank you so much for your help!
>

> On 11/27/07 12:35 PM, "Steve Freegard" <steve.freegard at fsl.com> wrote:
>
> > 1) run MailScanner *and* SpamAssassin in debug mode as it will give you
> > more clues than just the above output (MailScanner --debug --debug-sa).
> >
> > Look for timeouts in Razor/Pyzor/DCC/RBL/URIBLs and Bayes.
>
> I didn't see any timeouts for those, but I did get several errors, including
> these:
>
> [7149] dbg: bayes: no dbs present, cannot tie DB R/O:
> /var/spool/postfix/.spamassassin/bayes_toks

Hm, this is because the postfix user can't write to its home dir----
Either make the necessary directores (and make them writable) or make
the necessary changes to mailscanner.cf/spam.assasin.prefs.conf so
that SA/the plugins know where to put 'em.

> [7201] dbg: plugin: loading Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Razor2 from @INC
> [7201] dbg: razor2: razor2 is not available

Same here....

> > 2) I would guess from the above output that you are using MCP? - if so,
> > consider moving all your MCP rules into the main SpamAssassin run
> > instead as MCP really is a performance killer as MailScanner has to
> > reload SpamAssassin for each message (slow...)
>
> Yes, I am. Where is the main SpamAssassin run/what directory do I move them
> to?

You can always put your own .cf files in /etc/mail/spamassassin ...
even if it pulls everything else from an sa-update dir, it'll read/use
that.

> > 3) Check your primary nameserver listed in /etc/resolv.conf and make
> > sure the 1st server in the list is responding quickly (and consider
> > using a local caching nameserver if you aren't already).
>
> Ah, I just spoke with the network admin, and he changed the ip address. I
> just changed it to what he had, so hopefully that will make a difference.
>
> > 4) Make sure that you haven't been blocked by Spamhaus - run:
> >
> > host 2.0.0.127.zen.spamhaus.org
> >
> > And make sure you don't get a timeout.
>
> Nope. No timeout.
>
> Thanks again to everyone helping me with this problem!
>
> - jody

Cheers
--
-- Glenn