MailScanner via Yum (CentOS)

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Thu Aug 30 22:31:28 IST 2007

Tom G. Christensen wrote on Thu, 30 Aug 2007 08:37:14 +0200:

> Why not install it from rpmforge?

I prefer being able to make test. Also, I've been using SA much earlier
than I started using MS, so I'm accustomed to installing it this way.

> It was updated to 3.2.3 within days of the upstream release.

CentOS 5 won't upgrade to 3.2.3. I didn't take into account that rpmforge
may have it as well.

> > unpack the rpm-install tarball for Mailscanner, cd to it and
> >
> > rpm -ivh tnef-*.i386.rpm
>  >
> rpmfoge also has this one.

You are right. I don't know why I didn't get this one from rpmforge. Some
old habit ;-)

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany