BBB trojan

Rob Freeman rob at robhq.com
Thu Aug 30 16:36:23 IST 2007

On 8/30/07, Julian Field <MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:

> Rob Sterenborg wrote:
> >> Heads up. We just started seeing these and they look nasty.
> >>
> >> Subject: BBB Complaint for Elizabeth MeHaffey [Case id:
> >> #48556fc5ba482c6f07ada256696597e1]
> >>
> >> they purport to be a Better Business Bureau compliant against the
> >> company and the recipient of the fraud.
> >>
> >> Going to a link in the document downloads an executable that is
> >> probably not going to be good for your computer.
> >>

> > Could you put the message somewhere on a website and post a link to it?
> >
> Out of idle curiosity, what is the "Better Business Bureau"? Some
> company flogging something, I guess...
>
> Jules

*The Better Business Bureau (BBB)*, founded in
1912<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1912>,
is an organization based in the United
States<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States>and
Canada <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada>. The BBB states its purpose is
to act as a mutually trusted intermediary between consumers and businesses
to resolve disputes, to facilitate communication, and to provide information
on ethical business practices. Its website lists BBB's core services as:

   - Business Reliability Reports
   - Dispute Resolution
   - Truth-in-Advertising
   - Consumer and Business Education