Outgoing Queue Dir Ruleset

Jim Hermann wizard at jimhermann.com
Tue Aug 28 13:59:57 IST 2007

> Jim Hermann wrote:
> > It's possible.  Does MailScanner automatically add the
> > -OQueueDirectory="Outgoing Queue Dir" argument for
> Sendmail2?  It looks like
> > it does.  I was not expecting it.
> >
> Of course it does. Otherwise it wouldn't be able to tell sendmail to
> deliver the message if it wasn't placed in the default queue. You
> weren't expecting a bug now were you? :-)
>
> Jules

No. I was hoping to use a Ruleset for the Outgoing Queue Dir and use
separate instances of sendmail to handle each outgoing queue directory.  Is
there a way to have MS tell sendmail to use different configuration files
for each outgoing queue directory?

I want to use these statements:

/usr/sbin/sendmail -L sm-mailscanner -OProcessTitlePrefix=sm-mailscanner
--DeliveryMode=background
-OQueueDirectory=/home/virtual/FILESYSTEMTEMPLATE/services/sendmail/mqueue.s
canned -C /etc/mail/sm-MailScanner.cf

/usr/sbin/sendmail -L sm-aolscanner -OProcessTitlePrefix=sm-aolcanner
--DeliveryMode=background
-OQueueDirectory=/home/virtual/FILESYSTEMTEMPLATE/services/sendmail/mqueue.a
ol -C /etc/mail/sm-aolscanner.cf

/usr/sbin/sendmail -L sm-comcastcanner -OProcessTitlePrefix=sm-comcastcanner
--DeliveryMode=background
-OQueueDirectory=/home/virtual/FILESYSTEMTEMPLATE/services/sendmail/mqueue.c
omcast -C /etc/mail/sm-comcastscanner.cf

Jim