SARE rules question

Diane Rolland drolland at kdinet.com
Tue Aug 28 01:58:04 IST 2007

I have tried to install/configure SARE Rules and RulesDeJour from
http://www.rulesemporium.com/rules.htm and when I run the below command I
get the following failures.

/usr/bin/spamassassin -p /etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf --lint

Failed to parse line in SpamAssassin configuration, skipping: lock_method
flock
Failed to parse line in SpamAssassin configuration, skipping:
use_auto_whitelist 0
Failed to parse line in SpamAssassin configuration, skipping:
envelope_sender_header X-MailScanner-From

By commenting them out of the spam.assassin.prefs.conf file for the above
items I get the --lint to run without error, but I'm not sure what that
means to my configuration.

I have SA 2.55, MailScanner-4.50.15-1 (I know, out of date)

Is there any hope for me using the SARE Rules from
http://www.rulesemporium.com/rules.htm?

Thanks in Advance,
Diane