Outgoing Queue Dir Ruleset

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sun Aug 26 21:29:25 IST 2007

Start by testing them with MailScanner's command-line options.
Do a "MailScanner --help" to start with.
Is your "Run As User" set to blank (or root)?
The last time I tested this functionality it worked just fine, and I
think other people use it.
If you really can't get it to work with test messages, then mail me back
and I'll test it here for you.

Make sure your editor hasn't line wrapped the .rules file, the version
you posted to the list has been wrapped.

Jim Hermann wrote:
> I have trying to create a ruleset for Outgoing Queue Dir and it does not
> appear to work.
>
> In MailScanner.conf, I changed to:
>
> Outgoing Queue Dir = /etc/MailScanner/rules/outgoing.rules
>
> My /etc/MailScanner/rules/outgoing.rules is:
>
> #   Set "Outgoing Queue Dir = /etc/MailScanner/rules/outgoing.rules".
>
> To: *@aol.com
> /home/virtual/FILESYSTEMTEMPLATE/services/sendmail/mqueue.aol
> To: *@comcast.net
> /home/virtual/FILESYSTEMTEMPLATE/services/sendmail/mqueue.comcast
>
> FromOrTo: default
> /home/virtual/FILESYSTEMTEMPLATE/services/sendmail/mqueue.scanned
>
> I created the new directories in
> /home/virtual/FILESYSTEMTEMPLATE/services/sendmail/:
>
> drwxr-xr-x  6 root root 4.0K Aug 26 14:02 .
> drwxr-xr-x  4 root root 4.0K Sep 15  2006 ..
> drwxr-xr-x  2 root root  64K Aug 26 15:14 mqueue
> drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4.0K Aug 26 14:01 mqueue.aol
> drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4.0K Aug 26 14:01 mqueue.comcast
> drwxr-xr-x  2 root root  32K Aug 26 15:12 mqueue.scanned
>
> I restarted MailScanner and all email stopped moving from the Incoming Queue
> Dir to anywhere.
>
> What did I do wrong?
>
> Jim

Jules