How can MailScanner "push back"?

Leland J. Steinke steinkel at pa.net
Thu Aug 23 20:21:12 IST 2007

Michael Huntley wrote:
> Greylisting stopped a terrible mail storm on our system.

We've been using sqlgrey for almost 18 months now.  The spammers have
adapted.

Hugo van der Kooij wrote:
 > Considering blocking DSL, cable and other 'user' IP ranges. There are
 > some RBL's focussing on these ranges. It should give you some air.

We use PSBL and DSBL, in addition to our own RBL.  We are an ISP, so I
am loath to use RBLs such as PBL to reject connections, instead using
them in SA to jack up spam scores.

Maybe I need to write a postfix policy daemon to query the hold queue or
otherwise check the box's status and 450-reject the connection if the
box is overloaded...

Leland