Tiled gif spam

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USherbrooke.ca
Thu Aug 23 15:51:31 IST 2007

Glenn Steen a écrit :
> On 23/08/07, Andrew MacLachlan <andy.mac at global-domination.org> wrote:
>
>> Sorry - this is the analysis from Mailwatch:
>>
>> Spam Report:
>> Score   Matching Rule
>>         score=3.919
>> 4       required
>> 0.00    DKIM_SIGNED
>> -0.00   DKIM_VERIFIED
>> 2.50    HTML_IMAGE_ONLY_16
>> 0.00    HTML_MESSAGE
>> 1.42    SARE_GIF_ATTACH
>>
>> As you can see, it was almost trapped. Of course I could always up the
>> scores for SARE_GIF_ATTACH and HTML_IMAGE_ONLY_16, but I think an
>> additional rule for side-by-side gifs might be a better approach? I'm
>> not sure what the best score might be for such a rule - but something
>> around the 1.0 mark would probably be appropriate.
>>
>> -Andy
>>

> Why don't you use ImageInfo? Or do you do that and it didn't trigger
> even one little rule? If so... Strange...
>
> Cheers

Glenn,

Just installed it and fed it the email and... nothing...  I ran SA in
debug and saw it there, but no scoring...

How can I tell it to look for n side-by-side gifs?  I didn't see
anything about side-by-side images, just the total amount of images,
which could trigger on many FP...

Thanks!

Denis

--