ClamAV & Sanesecurity & Spamassassin

Rick Cooper rcooper at dwford.com
Wed Aug 22 18:05:21 IST 2007

[...]

You only need one clamav installation, you need to setup a special clam
database (example: /opt/clamdSane) directory with symlinks to the db files
you want to use with in the special clam db dir.

MSRBL-Images.hdb -> /usr/local/share/clamav/MSRBL-Images.hdb
MSRBL-SPAM.ndb -> /usr/local/share/clamav/MSRBL-SPAM.ndb
phish.ndb -> /usr/local/share/clamav/phish.ndb
scam.ndb -> /usr/local/share/clamav/scam.ndb

Next create a new clamd.conf line clamdSane.conf and change the
DatabaseDirectory, TCPSocket (say 3311), and PidFile settings to something
other than the default like

DatabaseDirectory /opt/SaneDataBase
TCPSocket 3311
PidFile /var/run/clamdSane.pid

Start your second daemon : clamd --config-file=/path/clamdSane.conf

And change this line in clamAV.pm (the plugin)

my $clamav = new File::Scan::ClamAV(port => 3310);

my $clamav = new File::Scan::ClamAV(port => 3311);

Now clamd should only see the SaneSecurity sigs when processed via the
SpamAssassin ClamAV plugin

Set your rules as desired

Rick

believed to be clean.