Whitelists and Fuzzy

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Wed Aug 22 15:22:15 IST 2007

Jeramy Eling wrote on Wed, 22 Aug 2007 13:44:29 +0100:

> The Whitelist which is within the Mailwatch interface 'Is Definitely Not Spam'.

I do not have such an option in my Mailwatch, I know only "Add to Whitelist".
There are at least two different ways that this whitelisting is used. If you use
the wrong one it's bound to fail, of course, as it won't match.

Does your test message (the detected one) gets marked as W/L and green in
Mailwatch? Does the same happen for your problem messages? A message that is
detected by the MS whitelist will be green, marked as W/L and will not have any
SA hits shown. As you see SA hits that means it is not on the MS whitelist,
probably because it contains the wrong values for matching (see above). What
value does Mailwatch show under Lists in Mailwatch when you whitelist that
problem message? And is this a value that could match your problem messages?

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany