Blastwave edition of MailScanner for Solaris

shuttlebox shuttlebox at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 10:14:07 IST 2007

I have packaged MailScanner 4.62.9-3 for the Blastwave project. For
those who don't know about Blastwave it's best described as bringing
apt-get to Solaris. We package fresh versions of around 1700 software
titles for Solaris 8+ sparc/x86. A complete MailScanner system would
be installed by:

# pkg-get -i sendmail mailscanner clamav spamassassin

That would install those four apps and all their respective
dependencies. No more compiling ClamAV, using CPAN for Perl modules
and downloading packages from Sunfreeware that just wants another
package...and another...and so on.

In short - apt-get for Solaris. More info on http://www.blastwave.org.

MailScanner is slightly adapted to Solaris/Blastwave to ease
configuring somewhat, e.g. paths are changed here and there to fit
Blastwave editions of Perl, ClamAV and so on. I only provide start
scripts for Sendmail but Blastwave has packages for Exim and Postfix
too so maybe someone could help me with that?

Please give it a try if you're a Solaris user. There's a general users
list for Blastwave where you can get help for Blastwave specific
issued, direct questions about the packages themselves there and
MailScanner questions here as usual.

--
/peter