CRM114 Problem

Horton, Robert Robert.Horton at goodmanmfg.com
Tue Aug 21 20:33:44 IST 2007

I didn't use the RPMs and made up my own method. I'm using RHEL 5 to test CRM right now. My install was based off the wiki and the emails in this list. I downloaded http://crm114.sourceforge.net/tarballs/crm114-20070428-BlameSpamConf.src.tar.gz and http://laurikari.net/tre/tre-0.7.5.tar.gz

And ran the following commands:

tar -zxvf tre-0.7.5.tar.gz
cd tre-0.7.5
./configure --enable-static
make
make check
make install
cd ..
tar -zxvf crm114-20070428-BlameSpamConf.src.tar.gz
cd crm114-20070428-BlameSpamConf.src
make
make megatest
make install
cd ..

Then I created the /etc/mail/spamassassin/crm114 and grabbed the 2 files from Martin Schütte. When creating the crm114 directory I grabbed files from the downloaded crm114-20070428-BlameSpamConf.src directory.

The resulting crm114 directory contained the following before startup.

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root        0 Aug 20 22:03 blacklist.mfp
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root    17426 Aug 20 22:36 mailfilter.cf
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root    44537 Aug 20 22:02 mailfilter.crm
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root    14511 Aug 20 22:02 maillib.crm
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root    22677 Aug 20 22:02 mailreaver.crm
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root    37621 Aug 20 22:02 mailtrainer.crm
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 12582924 Aug 20 21:59 nonspam.css
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root       49 Aug 20 22:03 priolist.mfp
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root        0 Aug 20 22:03 rewrites.mfp
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root     6924 Aug 21 14:03 shuffle.crm
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 12582924 Aug 20 21:59 spam.css
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root        0 Aug 20 22:03 whitelist.mfp

One thing to note is I included shuffle.crm because it was referenced in the cf files. I don't know if it matters or if it's different in the RPM versions.

I modified the .cf files as the wiki said. When you first do the lint test you will get the 0.00 score because the nonspam.css and spam.css are new. It stays this way until you start learning which was the original problem for me since the messages were not being learned.

-Robert