Off topic - AntiVirus accuracy competition

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Fri Aug 17 22:31:19 IST 2007

Hugo van der Kooij wrote on Fri, 17 Aug 2007 22:19:24 +0200 (CEST):

> It ended up to be a single sample that shot f-prot to pieces. The results
> are much better now for F-Prot. Now I need to see if something else is
> bothering Kaspersky.

Thanks for the update ;-) I'm amazed about the good standing of Bitdefender
and the (now) low standing of Clam. On the one machine where I have both
running in parallel they always score both. I must be missing some of the
viruses that cause this. Could it be that quite a few you got in your new
sample actually never made it to the wild in bigger quantities?

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany