Off topic - AntiVirus accuracy competition

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 10:04:09 IST 2007

On 15/08/07, Martin.Hepworth <martinh at solidstatelogic.com> wrote:
> Steve
>
> I was surprised buy Sophos low score on this. They are expensive, but there hit rate has always been very reliable. In fact whenever the desktop AV has missed something, I'll pop on Sophos and every time it's found the issue....
>
> I think I'll treat this with a large pinch of salt..

Yes, quite.

I think the only really nice result on that list is the ClamAV one ...
Since ClamAV lacks commercial backing, and have no really workable
client computer component (meaning windoze IF:-), it is often omitted
from ... these kinds of tests.
But then, we already knew that it is superior value for money, now didn't we;-).

Cheers
--
-- Glenn