Understanding Watermarking

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Tue Aug 14 15:11:51 IST 2007

Martin wrote on Tue, 14 Aug 2007 15:33:43 +0200:

> Is there any workaround to not get this tagged as spam?

Maybe there is, I'm not aware of one. In general, I think you cannot use
the watermarking feature for detecting back-scatter. It maybe useful
during a back-scatter storm (but then I'd use something at MTA level), but
for normal operation I fear it is going to hit too many false postives.
That is not specific of the MS implementation, it's a general problem of
this method.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany