Performance between SpamAssassin 3.2.1 and 3.2.2 and 3.2.3

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 14:45:06 IST 2007

On 14/08/07, Rose, Bobby <brose at med.wayne.edu> wrote:
> Has anyone noticed a performance hit going from SA 3.2.1 to the latest
> versions.  I noticed it last month with 3.2.2 but didn't have time to
> investigate so I rolled back to 3.2.1.  Last week, I applied SA 3.2.3
> and I'm seeing the same thing where my inbound queue slowly keeps
> growing.  I've been using MailScanner and SA for years and I'm pretty
> familiar with how it all works so it's not a newbie issue.
>
> If I look at the processing times based on MailScanner logging, with
> 3.2.3 I see triple digits (between 200 - 400 seconds) for batches of 30
> but if roll back to 3.2.1 then it falls to double digits lower than 60
> seconds.
>
> Has anyone else noticed such a problem?
>
> -=Bobby

There was a recent thread about the ASN plugin... Seems in these
versions it is more of a problem than before (Jules Clam+SA package
used to enable them, but shouldn't any more).
Look through your *pre files (probably in /etc/mail/spamassassin) for
that plugin, comment/remove it, restart MS ... and it should be
resolved.

Cheers
--
-- Glenn