How to manually test an email?

Gareth list-mailscanner at linguaphone.com
Tue Aug 14 13:55:14 IST 2007

The command line you suggested will work fine and detect if it is spam.
It wont detect if it contains a virus but you can run a virus checker
against it for that.

Upload the file somewhere and post it here. Its good to see what other
peoples installation think of it as it may give you an idea of
additional plugins you could be using.