Zip Attachments Not Working?

Paul Hutchings paul.hutchings at mira.co.uk
Tue Aug 14 13:42:34 IST 2007

I want to test "Zip Attachments" but only on my outgoing email.

In Mailscanner.conf I have:

# Should the attachments be compressed and put into a single zip file?
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Zip Attachments = %rules-dir%/zip.rules

# If the attachments are to be compressed into a single zip file,
# this is the filename of the zip file.
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Attachments Zip Filename = MIRA_Attachments.zip

# If the original total size of all the attachments to be compressed is
# less than this number of bytes, they will not be zipped at all.
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Attachments Min Total Size To Zip = 100k

# Attachments whose filenames end in these strings will not be zipped.
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Attachment Extensions Not To Zip = .zip .rar .gz .tgz .mpg .mpe .mpeg
.mp3 .rpm

And in %rules-dir%/zip.rules I have:

# Only Zip outbound mail
From:           paul.hutchings at mira.co.uk       yes
FromOrTo:       default                         no

If I sent a 120kb PDF to my external email address it doesn't get
zipped.

MailScanner is 4.62.9

Any ideas?

Paul Hutchings
Network Administrator, MIRA Ltd.
Tel: 44 (0)24 7635 5378
Fax: 44 (0)24 7635 8378
mailto:paul.hutchings at mira.co.uk

--
MIRA Ltd

Watling Street, Nuneaton, Warwickshire, CV10 0TU, England.

Registered in England and Wales No. 402570
VAT Registration  GB 114 5409 96

The contents of this e-mail are confidential and are solely for the use of the intended recipient.
If you receive this e-mail in error, please delete it and notify us either by e-mail, telephone or fax.
You should not copy, forward or otherwise disclose the content of the e-mail as this is prohibited.