More filetype/filename questions: jsp, js, mno files

dnsadmin 1bigthink.com dnsadmin at 1bigthink.com
Mon Aug 13 21:57:13 IST 2007

At 06:23 PM 8/9/2007, you wrote:

>Here is a stress reduction kit for you!
>
>Print this e-mail and tape on the wall.

>*                                                              *
>*                                                              *
>*                                                              *
>*                                                              *
>*                 BANG                                         *
>*                                                              *
>*                   HEAD                                       *
>*                                                              *
>*                        HERE!                                 *
>*                                                              *
>*                                                              *
>*                                                              *
>*                                                              *

Not a good idea at this point, this wouldn't be stress reduction, but
slow suicide!

My prior questioning was quite naive, putting it politely; ignorant
to  be more blunt. However, now that I've read the config file and
tried numerous ways, I'm still beating my head on this problem:

I have developers sending .zip files with .js files enclosed and no
matter what I do, I can't get them through MailScanner.

Last I tried, I over simplified the solution with:

Allow Filetypes = script JScript scripts
Deny Filetypes =
Filetype Rules =

Still not coming through: "MailScanner: JScript Scripts are dangerous in email"

I have set:
### ! Special allowances for Developers ! ###

allow   \.js$                   -       -
allow   \.jsp$                  -       -
allow   \.mno$                  -       -

in filename.rules.conf as well.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Glenn Parsons