Dumb Bayes question

Gareth list-mailscanner at linguaphone.com
Sun Aug 12 21:11:22 IST 2007

I run spamassassin on my home system which is very low usage and bayes is
working very well.
In fact I would say that bayes works better on small systems for a couple of
reasons.

1) Bayes works best when it learns your individual mails. For companies
which deal with lots of different topics and areas bayes has to learn a lot
of tokens as being ham. For home servers and small organisations they
receive a far small variety of ham messages so bayes can work better.

2) The default bayes database size is geared towards the smaller user. In my
company if I used the default bayes size (which a lot of people probably do)
the oldest token age would be about 2 days which is far too short for it to
be very effective.