AW: .fdf spam

Derek Chee dchee at uci.edu
Fri Aug 10 22:12:25 IST 2007

I'm not entirely convinced that these .fdf files are really FDF
files.  Looking inside one, the header says PDF-1.5 while the PDF/FDF
specification from Adobe says that the header should be FDF-1.2 if
I'm reading it correctly, <http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/
en/pdf/PDFReference16.pdf>.  I think this might be a case where
Acrobat Reader is not looking at the file extension to determine what
to do, but instead looking at the file contents.  It sees that the
file is really a PDF contrary to the extension and loads it as such.

-- Derek