Performance problem after upgrading from SA 3.2.1 to 3.2.2

donald.dawson at bakerbotts.com donald.dawson at bakerbotts.com
Fri Aug 10 13:45:41 IST 2007

Kai,

When I installed SA 3.2.2 from the package from spamassassin.org, it did not add any plugins or uncomment any plugins - you are correct.

On this one MX box I used the tarball from the mailscanner.info site that had clamav and spamassassin 3.2.2 - I'm wondering if that process may have added the plugin.  That process may have appended these plugins.

loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::RelayCountry
loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::SPF
loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::URIDNSBL
loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::ASN

You are also correct, and each added plugin should be reviewed and tested to see if processing time is affected (logging options in MailScanner that show time per message when processing new batches).

It's sometimes difficult to determine if a plugin is necessary and all of the ramifications of adding it.

Point taken though.

Thanks,
Donald