DSN and 4.62.9 problem

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Wed Aug 8 19:52:02 IST 2007

Julian Field spake the following on 8/7/2007 3:51 PM:

> Scott Silva wrote:
>> René Berber spake the following on 8/6/2007 11:39 AM:
>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Similar problem to that reported for OoO and watermarking, read receipts (DSN)
>>> messages do not return the watermark header and MailScanner is tagging all of
>>> them as spam with the log showing:
>>>
>>> MailScanner[2081]: Message l76HJGJu004811 from ... has no (or invalid)
>>> NULL-Header or sender address
>>>
>>> This wasn't the case with the previous version used (4.62.7), I'm testing now
>>> with watermarking off.  Any other solutions?
>>>
>> I had to turn off watermarking also because of the read receipts. It was also
>> marking stuff that should have been whitelisted (internal to internal).
>
> Should I leave it switched off by default?
> What are people's opinion on this?
>
> P.S. Check out the new feature in 4.63, it's in the Change Log at
> http://www.mailscanner.info/ChangeLog
> You might find it useful.
>

> Jules

I say leave it off, because it is a more advanced configuration option, and
you used to set the defaults to a sensible set that would make a running
system "just work" after an install.
--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and