Failed to get CRM114-Status

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 22:34:53 IST 2007

On 07/08/07, Takashi Asakawa <asakawa at quickd.net> wrote:
> I was just finds it
>
> --------------------------
>
> OSSEC HIDS Notification.
> 2007 Aug 08 03:01:56
>
> Received From: ns->/var/log/maillog
> Rule: 1002 fired (level 7) -> "Unknown problem somewhere in the system."
> Portion of the log(s):
>
> Aug  8 03:01:56 ns spamd[1868]: crm114: Error. Failed to get CRM114-Status. at /etc/mail/spamassassin/crm114.pm line 312

spamd is most certainly not a part of MailScanner, nor needed by it.
Simply turn it off.

More interesting is if you get something similar from a spamassassin
lint or in the logs produced by MailScanner ... I would rather think
not, since I suspect the reason that spamd is having trouble is due to
permission issues ... But I can't be sure, since I don't use it;)

Cheers
--
-- Glenn