MailScanner --lint error

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 19:00:28 IST 2007

On 07/08/07, Jody Cleveland <cleveland at winnefox.org> wrote:

> >> Isn't clamavmodule the slow one? I had switched to clamd because of clam
> >> using 100% of the processor.
> >>
> > No its clamav (ie. using clamscan command) that is the slow one. The
> > clamavmodule works fine.
>
> Ok, I changed it to clamavmodule, and now --lint gives me this error:
>
> None of the files matched by the "Monitors For ClamAV Updates" patterns
> exist! at /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/SweepViruses.pm line 527
>
> - jody

There is a section in MailScanner.conf for this.... Mainly what you
need change is the monitor line so that it:
a) Mathces where you have put your clamav signature databas(es), and
b) match all the possible files comprising your DBs... That means one
item for *,cvd, one item for *.inc/* and one item for *.*db (more or
less...:-). separate the items by space.
This has been covered several times over the last ... oh... 6 months
or so... on this list, so if you need something to cut'n'paste, please
look through the archives (there was a recent ... spat... of
"misconfigurations" revealed by the last major incremental clamavdb
update:-).
IIRC Jules have enhanced the upgrade script to determine if this is
set, although I think he doesn't really check if they seem sane...
After all, only one of the .cvd or .inc items need be correct:-).

Cheers
--
-- Glenn