Improved init.d script

Gareth list-mailscanner at linguaphone.com
Tue Aug 7 16:16:47 IST 2007

Hello Jules,

I have made a few changes to your redhat script to add some additional
options that I use and to fix a minor bug.

1) Modified the postfix detection 'if' command to check for the
postfix.in directory at an earlier point so that the code to detect if
postfix is working in hold queue mode now works and displays a suitable
message.

2) Added postfix hold queue detection to the stop routine.

3) Added stopms and restartms command options so that you can stop and
restart mailscanner independantly.

4) Added stopmswait command option to stop mailscanner and wait for
processes to finish. This is handy in cron scripts when you want to stop
mailscanner in order to backup the database or any other maintenance.

It needs testing for people not using the postfix hold queue method.