MailScanner --lint error

Jody Cleveland cleveland at winnefox.org
Tue Aug 7 16:03:54 IST 2007

On 8/6/07 6:40 PM, "Scott Silva" <ssilva at sgvwater.com> wrote:

> Jody Cleveland spake the following on 8/6/2007 4:28 PM:
>>

>> On 8/6/07 5:41 PM, "Scott Silva" <ssilva at sgvwater.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Jody Cleveland spake the following on 8/6/2007 3:05 PM:

>>> Current stable from www.mailscanner.info, or current stable from a packager
>>> like debian or freebsd?
>>
>> The current stable from www.mailscanner.info
>>
>>> Check for .rpmnew files in /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner
>>
>> There's one .rpmnew file. CustomConfig.pm.rpmnew
>>
>> Should I delete this file?
>>
>> - jody
>>
> NO!! Try renaming the CustomConfig.pm to CustomConfig.pm.old and rename
> CustomConfig.pm.rpmnew CustomConfig.pm
>
> Then retry the --lint

Ok, I did that, and --lint ran just fine. It did come up with two errors
though:

Checking version numbers...
Version number in MailScanner.conf (4.62.9) is correct.

Your envelope_sender_header in spam.assassin.prefs.conf is correct.

Checking for SpamAssassin errors (if you use it)...
SpamAssassin temp dir = /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/SpamAssassin-Temp
[11798] warn: FuzzyOcr: Cannot find executable for tesseract
SpamAssassin reported no errors.
MailScanner.conf says "Virus Scanners = f-prot clamd"
Found these virus scanners installed: f-prot, clamavmodule
Ignore errors about failing to find EOCD signature
format error: can't find EOCD signature
 at /usr/sbin/MailScanner line 451
Virus Scanner test reports:
F-Prot said "./1/eicar.com  Infection: EICAR_Test_File"

If any of your virus scanners (f-prot,clamavmodule)
are not listed there, you should check that they are installed correctly
and that MailScanner is finding them correctly via its virus.scanners.conf.