Improved init.d script

Ed Bruce theodrake at comcast.net
Tue Aug 7 15:30:09 IST 2007

Julian Field wrote:

> Ed Bruce wrote:
>> Julian Field wrote:
>>
>>> Attached are new versions of the RedHat and SuSE /etc/init.d/MailScanner
>>> scripts.
>>> The improvement is obvious when you do
>>>    /etc/init.d/MailScanner restart
>>> or
>>>    service MailScanner restart
>>>

>> Works on my Redhat AS 3 (2.4.21-47.0.1.ELsmp) and 4 (2.6.9-55.ELsmp) MS
>> servers.
>>
> Thanks for all the testing guys, it looks like it works everywhere it's
> been tried (which is now quite a lot of places). It will be in the next
> release.
>
> Jules

Well just did a another accidental test and this appears to have failed.
I made some changes to the MS config and did a restart. This worked
great, but I then realized I had forgot one change. I quickly made this
and did another restart before all the child processes had started. The
MS restart appears to have got stuck on the "Waiting for MailScanner to
die gracefully.........................." step. I killed the restart
followed by a a stop and then start to get MS running.