pdfassassin

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 12:27:16 IST 2007

On 04/08/07, Hugo van der Kooij <hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org> wrote:
> On Sat, 4 Aug 2007, Gerard wrote:
>
> > On August 03, 2007 at 08:27AM Douglas Ward wrote:
> >
> >> We block .zip and .rar at the mta.  I finally ducked a new spam wave!  :)
> >
> > Unconditionally blocking "zip or rar' files is not a viable option
> > here.
>
> Is there a method to detect extension spoofing?
> I would block all message with extension spoofing.
>
> Hugo.

That would have to rely on the file command in an even more ...
dependant... manner than the filetype checking does already... Or some
other "file magic facility". Could be ... Less than perfect.
I'd imagine that making that as a CustonFunction, _could_ work, or
perhaps type up your own SA plugin for it:-)

Cheers
--
-- Glenn