MailScanner & Fedora Core 7

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 06:55:35 IST 2007

On 04/08/07, Vernon Webb <vernon at comp-wiz.com> wrote:

> > MailScanner --lint
>
> Checking version numbers...
> Version number in MailScanner.conf (4.62.9) is correct.
>
> ERROR: The "envelope_sender_header" in your spam.assassin.prefs.conf
> ERROR: is not correct, it should match X-comp-wiz_com-MailScanner-From
Two things wit this error: 1) Obviously do what it tells you..... and
2) The underscore character is *not* an allowed header name character,
so you need adjust your org-name setting accordingly in
MailScanner.conf ...

> Checking for SpamAssassin errors (if you use it)...
> SpamAssassin temp dir =
> /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/SpamAssassin-Temp
> SpamAssassin reported no errors.
> MailScanner.conf says "Virus Scanners = f-prot, clamav"
> Found these virus scanners installed: f-prot, clamav
> Ignore errors about failing to find EOCD signature
> format error: can't find EOCD signature
>  at /usr/sbin/MailScanner line 451
> LibClamAV Warning:
> LibClamAV Warning: ***  The virus database is older than 7 days.  ***
> LibClamAV Warning: ***        Please update it IMMEDIATELY!       ***
> LibClamAV Warning:
> LibClamAV Error: cli_loaddb(): No supported database files found in
> /var/lib/cla           mav/daily.inc
Something is seriously wrong with your clamav setup.... Likely a
problem with freshclam ... Make this go  away;-).

As to your origina question.... I would recommend you take some time
and read at least the MAQ and some selected pages on the wiki ... you
find both via http://wiki.mailscanner.info ... There is both info on
making it all more effective as well as perform better...

Cheers
--
-- Glenn