Error after upgrade

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 13:45:47 IST 2007

On 03/08/07, Wayne <wjohns at balita.ph> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I upgraded MailScanner and Spamassassin yesterday to 4.62 and 3.2.2
> (from Clamav SA package).
>
> Previously the package ran without problems however I am getting this
> error. (show below)
>
> Line 396 (first part of the error) seems to contradict or even make
> sense to me - what needs altering
>
> What plugin is missing from the second part?
>
> Because of the error MS runs in a loop.
>
> Afraid I am not highly expert on MS/SA I can install but get lost
> when it throws errors like this.
>
> Anyones help would be appreciated.
>
> - Wayne -
>

> I started MailScanner in debug mode:-
>
> In Debugging mode, not forking...
> SpamAssassin temp dir = /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/SpamAssassin-Temp
> config: 'rbl_timeout' is obsolete, use 'rbl_timeout' instead at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/URIDNSBL.pm line 396.
>
> check: no loaded plugin implements 'check_main': cannot scan! at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/Mail/SpamAssassin/PerMsgStatus.pm line 164.

You could've searched the archives and you would've found
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.mail.virus.mailscanner/53215/focus=53261
... Denis had more or less this problem, which is due to the Check
plugin not being loaded (in his case he seems to have missed the
v320.pre file entirely).

Cheers
--
-- Glenn