CRM114 How are you finding it ?

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 10:19:31 IST 2007

On 03/08/07, Randal, Phil <prandal at herefordshire.gov.uk> wrote:
> Actually, the documentation in the readme is not clear, but the default
> is NOT -0.05.

Oh really? The file the install plopped into place could've fooled me...
-----
# dynamic score normalization factor
# CRM score have much higher absolute values and different signs than SA scores
# (usual ham-scores are between 15 and 40, scores from -10 to 10 are undecided,
# previously seen spam easily gets -200).
# With dynamic scoring the SA score is calculated by: <CRM score> * crm114_dynsc
ore_factor
#
# Notes: - this has to be a negative number!
#        - the absolute value should be quite low (certainly <.3, probably <=.2)
,
#          otherwise the returned score would override all other tests.
# default: calculate factor so that CRM-score -25 yields the SA required spam th
reshold
crm114_dynscore_factor -0.05
-----
So ... as a score "normalizer" and "sign changer" .... I do believe
I'm correct in stating that this is a "default" (very ... relative...
term that;-).

So... If one don't want to have crm114 as the "sole deciding factor",
but rather as just another "score contributor"... I'd say the -0.005
would be reasonable... -0.2 would potentially give very high values.

Cheers
--
-- Glenn