Using ClamAV to find spam

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Fri Aug 3 00:30:27 IST 2007

Andy Wright spake the following on 8/2/2007 4:09 PM:
> Brent Addis wrote:
>> Try the clamav spamassassin plugin. If your spam scores high enough it
>> shouldn't be virus scanned and won't scew your stats.
>>
>> http://www.nabble.com/My-bash-script-to-upload-PDFinfo-daily,-safely-t4115144.html
>> has an example about halfway through the comments at the bottom.

AFAIK all their signatures give sanesecurity in their responses. Maybe an
option to look for this and just give spam scores.
For me, I don't really care right now what stops them, as long as it doesn't
go to the users. Maybe later if I start reporting ratios to someone, I might.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and