Using ClamAV to find spam

Andy Wright mailscanner at eltofts.homelinux.com
Thu Aug 2 23:42:47 IST 2007

Hi list,

I've enabled the "ClamAV Full Message Scan" option and installed the
sanesecurity sigs. Clam is nicely finding loads (and loads... and
loads...!) of spam, but of course is causing all these messages to be
tagged as Virused. This is  making my MailWatch screen a sea of red and
skewing the stats such that I appear to be receiving loads of viruses
instead of spam.

Is it possible to get MailScanner to look at the report from ClamAV and
determine if the message is really spam rather than virused ?

Cheers,
Andy.