MailScanner --lint error

Stein, Mr. Fred FStein at thehill.org
Thu Aug 2 13:06:47 IST 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info
[mailto:mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info] On Behalf Of Glenn
Steen
Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2007 4:10 AM
To: MailScanner discussion
Subject: Re: MailScanner --lint error

On 02/08/07, Stein, Mr. Fred <FStein at thehill.org> wrote:
> I am getting the following error when I run MailScanner --lint on a
Centos 4.2, Postfix install.  Any help would appreciated.
> Checking version numbers...
> Version number in MailScanner.conf (4.62.9) is correct.
> Your envelope_sender_header in spam.assassin.prefs.conf is correct.
> Checking for SpamAssassin errors (if you use it)...
> SpamAssassin temp dir =
/var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/SpamAssassin-Temp
> netset: cannot include 127.0.0.1/32 as it has already been included
> SpamAssassin reported no errors.
> MailScanner.conf says "Virus Scanners = auto"
> Found these virus scanners installed: bitdefender, f-prot,
clamavmodule

===
> Ignore errors about failing to find EOCD signature
> Bad file descriptor,Bad file descriptor at
/usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/PFDiskStore.pm line 656.

> Fred Stein
> Network Administrator
> The Hill School
> 717 High Street
> Pottstown, PA 19464
> 610-326-1000 ext. 7356
> fstein at thehill.org
> www.thehill.org
Hi Fred,

Either use the one-line patch Jules sent to me (In thread with
subject: "4.62.9-1 lint error w/mcafee (UNCLASSIFIED)"), or donwload
and install 4.62.9-2 from the usual place...The patch is to "lie" a
bit and pretend you're using sendmail if you do a lint only call of
MailScanner:-). I haven't looked at if this has any side effects that
are unforseen, but... I trust Jules...:-).

Cheers
--
-- Glenn