MS Hanging

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 10:35:29 IST 2007

On 02/08/07, UxBoD <uxbod at splatnix.net> wrote:
> Hi Glenn,
>
> Spam List = ORDB-RBL spamhaus.org spamhaus-XBL spamhaus-ZEN spamcop.net NJABL CBL RSL DSBL BLITZEDALL SORBS-DNSBL SORBS-HTTP SORBS-SOCKS SORBS-MISC SORBS-SMTP SORBS-WEB SORBS-SPAM SORBS-BLOCK SORBS-ZOMBIE SORBS-DUL SORBS-RHSBL
>
> Spam List Timeout = 15
>
> but have dropped it down too 10 now.
> Regards,

Phil,

That is just plain too many lists ... Reason? Because MailScanner will
test them in sequence, not parallel... SA does them in parallell...
Which is much better.
If I were you, I'd drop that down to perhaps two BLs I really
trust/that are most effective.

If you want them to block, do it in PF, then a very few in MS and the
vast majority (perhaps with "doctored" scores) in SA.

Cheers
--
-- Glenn