CRM114 Installation on Centos 4

Rick Cooper rcooper at dwford.com
Wed Aug 1 20:32:02 IST 2007

[...]
 > > Something some one might want to add :
 > >
 > > On my perl 5.8.0 installations when you lint spamassassin
 > you get a warning
 > > about sprintf using an unitialized value at crm114.pm line
 > 235 and if you
 > > look at line 235
 > >
 > > warn(sprintf("crm114: Error: %s"), $1);
 > >
 > > Should be
 > >
 > > warn(sprintf("crm114: Error: %s", $1));
 > >
 > > And that change removes the warning. It doesn't happen
 > with perl 5.8.8
 > > though
 > >
 > > Rick
 > Perl 5.8.0 is quite old, but RHEL3 (and CentOS3) are using
 > it, and will be
 > still supported for another year or two. Does that change
 > work with newer perls?
 > Maybe it should be passed up to crm114 writer.
 > --

Yes 5.8.8 accepts it fine, if you look closely at the sprintf statement it's
malformed so I am not sure why my 5.8.8 installations didn't yak on it as
well. The original source isn't in the form of sprintf("text with format
code",$variable) it has the ')' before the ', $variable'. I have sent a note
to the author.

It didn't cause the program to bail, but it's pretty annoying and (I could
be mistaken) obviously incorrect.

Rick

believed to be clean.