4.62.9-1 & MailScanner --lint [MORE INFO]

Randal, Phil prandal at herefordshire.gov.uk
Wed Aug 1 17:19:09 IST 2007

Works for me:

MailScanner --lint
Checking version numbers...
Version number in MailScanner.conf (4.62.9) is correct.

Your envelope_sender_header in spam.assassin.prefs.conf is correct.

Checking for SpamAssassin errors (if you use it)...
SpamAssassin temp dir =
/var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/SpamAssassin-Temp
SpamAssassin reported no errors.
MailScanner.conf says "Virus Scanners = clamavmodule mcafee"
Found these virus scanners installed: clamavmodule, mcafee
===
Ignore errors about failing to find EOCD signature
format error: can't find EOCD signature
 at /usr/sbin/MailScanner line 450
===
Virus Scanner test reports:
ClamAV Module said "eicar.com was infected: Eicar-Test-Signature"
McAfee said "/1/eicar.com        Found: EICAR test file NOT a virus."

If any of your virus scanners (clamavmodule,mcafee)
are not listed there, you should check that they are installed correctly
and that MailScanner is finding them correctly via its
virus.scanners.conf.

Cheers,

Phil

--