Help with large message / blacklists bypassed

am.lists am.lists at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 16:51:27 IST 2007

On 8/1/07, Julian Field <MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:

> am.lists wrote:
> > Jules,
> >
> > That's an interesting approach.... but I haven't upgraded to 4.62 yet.
> >
> > I did add this rule to a "mystuff.cf" file:
> >

> > body    EEM_FREDMEIJER          /It had a heavy infestation of horsetail weed/
> > score   EEM_FREDMEIJER          24.0
> >
> 24? Isn't that a bit high?
> On a sidenote, for use in SpamAssassin Rule Actions I would set the
> score to 0.01.

Not really since this sender is already in the system with a good
history, and thus the AWL will automatically try to negate this
penalty based on past message scoring, and with other "good behavior"
(well formed MTA, low bayes probability, etc.), I still wanted it to
trip my high spam which is set to 6.

I do see the benefit of how that would work with the new "SpamAssassin
Rule Actions" directive though. And as you say, would only need a 0.01
to trigger it.

-Angelo