init script on SuSE Linux

Sattler, Tim tim.sattler at nordcapital.com
Wed Aug 1 07:53:20 IST 2007

I am running MailScanner 4.62.9 on SuSE Linux Enterprise Server. When I
use the init script from the SuSE tarball, I get an incorrect result
for a running MailScanner from "rcMailscanner status". I guess it might
fail because /proc/<pid of MailScanner>/cmdline does not contain the
full path to MailScanner, but only the basename.

Therefore, I made a minor change to the init script changing line

checkproc -p $mspid /usr/sbin/MailScanner

checkproc -p $mspid MailScanner

This seems to give the correct results.

Best regards
Tim