Slightly OT: How do you deal with domains you forward to who consider you a spammer based in user reports?

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Mon Apr 30 22:57:59 IST 2007

On Mon, 30 Apr 2007, Furnish, Trever G wrote:

> This is specificly related to aol.com, but generally the problem is I
> forward to about 150 addresses at a given domain (out of the ten
> thousand or so I accept mail for) and the relatively small number of
> spam I DON'T catch are being reported by those users to their ISP as
> spam, causing my outbound server's IP address to be blacklisted by their
> ISP.  AOL makes this extremely convenient for their users (so convenient
> that quite a few of the messages reported aren't even spam, but are
> actually just mail they're too lazy to unscribe from).

Our company is rather simple in this regard. Anyone doing this sort of
thing is disrupting computer services and is violating the company policy.

They get one slap on the hand. The next slap is the sound of the pink slip
being slapped on that persons desk.

Then again we have almost half a dozen ways people can connect from hoem
to read the company email so forwarding it is pointless.

And smart forwarding rules should only forward if it really is addressed
to you or your group and most spam would not match those criteria.

Hugo.

 		(Thanks JFK, for the insight.)