A lot of spam getting through

Gareth list-mailscanner at linguaphone.com
Mon Apr 30 19:41:31 IST 2007

I would suggest a few things:-

1) Enable RBL's again. If you have FP of some of them then you can reduce
the score a little manually.

2) Install Fuzzyocr which works well at detecting the image spams
(http://www.gbnetwork.co.uk/mailscanner/ for the URL's)

3) Install and regularly update the KAM rules which are very frequently
updated rules to catch the latest spams. Again the URL is on the site above.

4) Add this following custom rule to match those spams which just link to a
picture.
uri             GRB_Imagehost
/\.(?:|imageshack|2and2|afreeimagehost|imagehosting)\.(?:com|net|us)/i
score           GRB_Imagehost  1.0
describe        GRB_Imagehost  Linking to free image hosting service

5) Tweak any scores for you particular site. For example I tend to reduce
the -ve scores bayes rules and increase the razor scores :-
score BAYES_00 -0.5
score BAYES_05 -0.1
score BAYES_20 -0.01
score BAYES_40 -0.01
score BAYES_99  5.0
score DEAR_SOMETHING 1
score RAZOR2_CF_RANGE_51_100 1.0
score RAZOR2_CF_RANGE_E4_51_100 2.0
score RAZOR2_CF_RANGE_E8_51_100 2.0
score RAZOR2_CHECK 1.0

6) Make use of the whitelist feature for some addresses which tend to get
blocked. You will always get some.