ANNOUNCE: MailScanner stable 4.59

Juan Pablo Salazar Bertín snifer_ at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 30 15:23:48 IST 2007

Julian Field <MailScanner <at> ecs.soton.ac.uk> writes:

> I have just released a new stable version, 4.59. The main new features
> this month are
>
> support for the clamd virus scanner, with the result that you can have
> fast virus scanning without relying on the 3rd party Mail::ClamAV perl
> module.
> support for the Avast virus scanner, in both forms (command-line
> scanner and daemon).
>
> Download it as usual from www.mailscanner.info.
>

> Jules

Hi Julian, thanks for releasing a new version with new features. However, the
problem I stated in a previous post
(http://article.gmane.org/gmane.mail.virus.mailscanner/51651) is still present
in 4.59.4-2.

I've uploaded a patch file for you to review it. You can get it at
http://www.divshare.com/download/525994-456
Please let me know what do you think. Regards.