joe-jobbed, block 'undeliverable' messages?

Chris Yuzik itdept at fractalweb.com
Sun Apr 29 05:51:37 IST 2007

Chris Yuzik wrote:
> Dhawal Doshy wrote:
>> For sendmail:
>> Julian suggested 'milter-null' a few days back to someone with a
>> similar problem..
> I'll look in to milter-null. Thanks.

I now have milter-null installed, configured, and running. All I can say
is, great piece of code.

A few stats. As of 8am this morning, this poor domain had already
received 499 bounce messages for mail that didn't actually originate
from our server. A few minutes later, I flipped the switch on
milter-null's configuration file to tell it to reject these invalid DSN
messages and "poof". Not a single one since then! This thing works
great! Highly recommended for anyone who hosts domains that get
"joe-jobbed." Thanks Dhawal and Julian for the recommendation.

Chris