FME: No bayesian value ==> incorrect scores

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Sat Apr 28 22:40:58 IST 2007

hi,

This is one that might classify as Frequently Made Error.

I noticed that messages no longer had the Bayesian count present. So some
messages started to slip through.

I then noticed two anomalies.

  1. The owner of one of the bayesian file was incorrect.

  2. There were a number of score in my config file for where the rules no
longer existed.

Item 2 was spotted with `mailscanner --lint` under the SA section.

Only after fixing item 2 did I see the issue for item 1.

Item 1 was the problem but it did not show to well untill i fixed the
other issue.

I hope this will save someone some time when they are in a similar
situation. In my case they should be:

-rw-rw----  1 postfix apache    14040 Apr 28 23:38 bayes_journal
-rw-rw----  1 postfix apache      948 Apr 28 23:27 bayes.mutex
-rw-rw----  1 postfix apache  1347584 Apr 28 23:27 bayes_seen
-rw-rw----  1 postfix apache  5369856 Apr 28 23:27 bayes_toks

(The apache group is just to satisfy MailWatch.)

Hugo.

 		(Thanks JFK, for the insight.)